Scotch-Brite™ 7447 PRO Help You Get The Job Done Faster!
The fast, consistent performance of Scotch-Brite™ 7447 PRO can help reduce surface prep time on a variety of applications including:
- Paint and primer preparation on airplanes, cars, trucks and other motor vehicles
- Scuff sanding of sealer coatings on cabinetry and furniture
- Refine finishes on stainless steel appliances, food processing, pharmaceutical and surgical equipment
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other non-woven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, denibs, and defuzzes
- Pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces
- Perforated for quick and easy tearing, reducing waste
Scotch-Brite™ 7447 PRO Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to help you accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results, use after use.
The tightly graded abrasive particles in this new pad provide a consistent, uniform scratch throughout life of the hand pad.
- Multi-Purpose Pad Can Be Used on a Variety of Substrates
Our very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Suitable for use on a wide variety of materials such as wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites, and for many different tasks, the performance of this pad is comparable to steel wool grade 0. However, unlike steel wool, Scotch-Brite™ 7447 PRO Hand Pads won’t rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water, or some solvents. You can use this multipurpose 6 x 9 inch pad by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.
- Aluminum Oxide Cuts Fast and Finishes Fine
This maroon hand pad uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys. The pad is perforated in the center, allowing for easy tearing by hand, reducing waste.
- The Scotch-Brite PRO Advantage
Scotch-Brite™ PRO is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon fibers. Breakthrough fiber coating technology allows Scotch-Brite™ PRO abrasive products to cut faster and produce a more consistent scratch than competitive Non-woven abrasive products, reducing the time and effort it takes to finish parts. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.