Lim Kim Hai Electric is an authorized distributor of Philips Lighting in Singapore.
Philips Lighting is a global market leader with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing & application of innovative and energy-efficient (LED) lighting solutions. With more than 120 years of experience in lighting up buildings, homes, and cities, Philips has proven track record to manage turnkey projects, offering customers the complete value chain of services from financing, design, and installation, to maintenance and energy management. Philips integrated lighting and energy management systems are also distributed via Value Added Partners (VAP) network.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Philips T8 MASTER LEDtube EM/Mains is able to retrofit onto a conventional/magnetic ballast with only a change of the starters to EMP starters.
- It is strongly to bypass all existing ballast to eliminate ballast maintenance.
50,000 hours would imply 5.7 years if the light is operated for 24 hours in a day, 7.6 years if the lights are on 18 hours per day, and 11.4 years for 12 hours a day
LEDs have no gases, filaments and no moving parts to fatigue. They provide light through a one-step process that takes place within the diode. There is no glass to break or screwed contacts to loosen.
Only tubes using the conventional/magnetic ballast requires the starters. We use S2 for 4 – 22W fluorescent tubes and 4-65W fluorescent tubes.
- Only tubes using the conventional/magnetic ballast requires the starters.
- Fluorescent starters or glow starters are used to help fluorescent tubes and lamps ignite in the initial starting stage of their operation.
- Simply put, fluorescent starters are a timed switch. The switch opens and closes until the fluorescent tube ‘strikes’ and lights-up.
High and low bay lighting fixtures are both used to illuminate large areas and mounted onto high ceilings to provide stronger light while reducing glare.
Differences between low bat and high bay lighting:
- Ceiling height is the best way to compare high bay vs low bay lighting.
- Low bay fixtures only work with ceilings that are between 12-20 feet high.
- Low bay lighting is below 100 watts while high bay lighting can go above 100 watts. The lighting fixtures use different hanging methods.
- Low bay lighting is suspension mounted with chains or hooks.
- High bay lighting can hang from the ceiling using a hook, chain, or pendant or be fixed to the ceiling directly like a troffer light.
- High bay light fixtures can illuminate ceilings that are 20-45 feet high. The lightings also differ in strength.
Facades are typically known as the principle front or the front-facing exterior sides of the building. In architectural terms, they are one of the most important exterior design elements as they largely determine the overall feel of the structure.
Philips offers innovative, dynamic, and highly reliable LED lighting solutions for all types of buildings, whether new, historic or monumental.